Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oslo - Take one!

We made it to Oslo yesterday (Wed Aug 23) for our 8 day 'scouting trip'! Aunt Kim flew from LAX and I flew from Manchester, England (after having been driven there from North Wales) and we had a happy reunion in the Olso airport. Kim is with us as a Nanny while I try to sort out housing and day care and attend work-related meetings and Rhodri is working offshore Texas right now.
Here is Aunt Kim with Rhiannon in one of the potential houses we could rent.

Right now we are staying in a great furnished apartment in Sandvika, a few miles south of Oslo. Today we looked at 5 potential houses to rent. Tomorrow we are going to talk to people about day care type options for Rhiannon. Considering the amount of traveling, changing time zones and locations, meeting new people that want to hold her, and other unsettling activities, Rhiannon has been a real little super star! She sleeps on airplanes and wakes up smiling at anyone who will look her way.

Rhiannon has been really into making noise with her toys -- banging two of them together or banging one onto something hard like the wood floor or the bathtub rim. Fun fun FUN!!

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

I just saw the video on your blog -I can't wait to see more! Thanks for keeping us updated - we miss you guys!