Today was a glorious sunny and breezy day, and we sure made the most of it. First, I got up with Rhiannon at 6:30am and we made banana bread while Rhodri slept in (usually I get to sleep in). I know Rhiannon 'helps' with cooking at barnehage, but I haven't really experienced it for myself until today. I also didn't realize that she knows the Norwegian word for cook, which sounds like "kooka". So she was saying "me kooka, Mama kooka" over and over again. She even dug out my apron from the kitchen drawer and wanted help putting it on.

Then after a hearty breakfast, our friends Fiona and Karl John with their twin boys Magnus and Finn came over to play. The boys are 2 months younger than Rhiannon and not quite as confident on their feet as she, but they all had a good time playing on the slide, in the sandbox and on the see-saw.

We then ventured out to go pick raspberries, which sounds a lot more fun than it was. By the time we got there, Rhiannon was ready for a nap and the boys were content to hang in the stroller. So Karl John and I picked raspberries while Rhodri and Fiona listened to the farm owner's life story. This guy was 78 years old, spoke excellent English and was very concerned that we pick the raspberries correctly. He gave us several demonstrations of how and how not to pick, including doing a sommersault right in front of us! The sommersault (aka "commando roll") was to explain why we were to start picking at the bottom of the hill and work our way up rather than the reverse. Quite a character.

By the time we had picked enough berries, the kids were restless and ready to leave. Here is Rhiannon, Finn (in the red hair) and Magnus.

Rhiannon is communicating that she is "all done" being at this place in the photo below.
No comments:
Post a Comment