Poor little Tryfan has had a fever for a few days now -- its not his teeth, but they probably aren't helping the situation! He has been moaning and whimpering most of the past 3 days and then not sleeping very well at night. So little Tryfs has been just staying close to my bosom and laying low. Its wonderful to do so much cuddling with him because recently he has been wanting to crawl and explore everywhere - not content to nuzzle into Mama's shoulder. During times like these, I remember so vividly the times when I was young and didn't feel well, and I would nuzzle into my Mom's shoulder while she sang to me. It still brings tears to my eyes to recall that warm, safe, loved, drowsy feeling. Usually she sang the poem by Mary Baker Eddy called "
Mother's Evening Prayer", and so this is the song I have been singing softly to Tryfan:
O gentle presence, peace and joy and powerO Life divine, that owns each waiting hour, Thou Love that guards the nestling's faltering flight Keep Thou my child on upward wing tonight.
Tryfan perked up a bit tonight in the bath and was back to his 'old self', laughing at whatever Rhiannon was doing and chasing floatie things in the water. But I am keeping him "on upward wing" in my thoughts and prayers. I don't even know if I really understand what that phrase is supposed to mean, but I envision being tucked up the place that is at the top (but underneath) of a big fluffy bird's wing...I guess that's the bird's armpit? Great, so I guess that means my idea of God's protection is inside a big fluffy bird's armpit? Nice, Lisl.
No comments:
Post a Comment