Friday, August 22, 2008

Change in the air

We have had some lovely sunny days this week, warm enough for sleeveless tops and skirts (not for the boys though), and yet it is definitely not summer anymore. With the end of summer comes the old feelings of going back to school, back to work, and the end of long warm days and bare feet. I have been feeling wistful this week because I will be rejoining the work force on Sept 1st - just one week to go. I've had a pretty good run -- "Tusen takk", Norwegian government! -- but its sad to think that Tryfan is coming to the end of his first year.The photo above was taken by my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Rebecca, when we were visiting Lake Chelan this summer. Even though this was taken a month ago, I feel like it captures my mood right now.
Tryfan will start at the barnehage on Sept 15, so Rhodri will use his remaining 2 weeks of "Papa-permision" and look after Tryfs Sept 1-14. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

I feel achy for you...