Thursday, September 10, 2009

Da iawn

Tryfan is really talking now. He doesn't parrot very much - he thinks of his own things to say now. And quite often I find myself doing the unprofessional mother thing and laughing at the wrong times (this has always been a problem for me). Anyway, one of Tryfan's favorite things to say is "da iawn", which is Welsh for "very good". He says this a lot at the dinner table when he is eating his food. It just sounds really cute and funny when he says it!
Yesterday I made a plum crumble from the plums that our neighbors gave us. These particular neighbors are an elderly but very active couple. We brought some of the crumble over to the neighbors to thank them for the plums (although I am sure they had plenty of plum-products already), and as we were walking over there, Tryfan said loudly "Old man!". I started laughing and he promptly said "No funny, Mama". Then I was really laughing. Good thing these neighbors don't speak a word of English.

No comments: