Monday, May 31, 2010
Visitors from up the road
We have visitors! Nain and Taid drove down from north Wales to spend a week with us. Yay! They got here on Sunday afternoon and will leave next weekend sometime. Actually Auntie Nia was here for one night and one night only earlier this week (Wednesday, I think) but I forgot to take any photos :-(
It is a very good week for us to have family visiting - this week 2 of the 3 nursery/ daycare places that the kids go to are closed for Half Term holidays and so one of us would otherwise need to stay home from work. Anyway, we have had a relaxing couple of days - life in the English countryside the way it ought to be (or something).... Today we had a picnic at a park in Forest Row (the nearest town to us).
And then after some quiet time this afternoon, we walked down to the nearest pub, The Coach and Horses, which turns out to be such a great country pub! It is a very narrow and winding road between our house and the pub (with no sidewalk either), so we put the kids in the Burley and pushed it there and back. Here we are setting off...
It wasn't a glorious summer day or anything, but it was warm and dry enough to happily sit outside in the kids part of the beer garden where there is a swingset, slide, sandpit and a field of horses adjacent.
And so we had a leisurely beverage and then walked back home (..except actually I ran back home ahead of everyone else so that I could get a head start on dinner..)
The bluebells are in full bloom as well. The Ashdown Forest (which is literally across the road from our house) is apparently famous for the vast blankets of bluebells in spring.
I have been going for walks or runs here almost every day - sometimes just an evening amble at the time of fading dusk up to the top of the gorse covered hill so that I can see the end of the day over the South Downs in the distance, and sometimes for a real exploratory run where I need to tuck a map into my back pocket. It is so wonderful to live so near this big forest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment