Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun on a Friday

Today was a wonderful and varied day, which started with the milk truck arriving to deliver the day's milk. Big excitement!
Then our long lost friend Auntie Jane came over to visit. Tryfan was proudly showing her the animal puzzle he had already completed several times, and she was asking if he knew the names of the various animals in Welsh (which he did, for the most part).
After getting dressed out of jammies, the troops made cupcakes with their Nain. First they made 'Toy Story' cupcakes and then they made chocolate rice crispy cakes.
In the late afternoon, Taid took the troops for a walk up the hill to feed the neighborhood donkeys. I let them get a big head start and then Bentley and I joined them. I was surprised to see Tryfan's choice of head wear... he was wearing underpants which were hopefully from the 'clean' pile... Anyway, I talked them all into coming with Bentley and I up to my favorite spot on the Vardre. Normally dogs aren't allowed up there because they tend to 'worry' the sheep that usually hang out on that hill. But since it is lambing season right now, there were no sheep on the fields and so Bentley could run free. I took this photo after we had returned home and were about to hose all the mud and other sticky brown stuff off our boots and paws.
There were a few hours later in the day when I didn't have possession of my camera, and then i found this photo of a certain person looking very much like she is in mid air jumping on our bed...
All in all, a good day.

No comments: