I went to Paris today (Sunday Mar 17) because I have a course for work which starts tomorrow for 2 days. Just a little trip, and I'm so glad that I get to stay with my long lost friend Flo! I got to meet Elvis, her new scooter!
 |
| Flo and Elvis |
She drove me around Paris and I held on for dear life! It was terrifying and beautiful and exhilarating all at the same time, and this afternoon's memories will stay with me forever. A big thunderstorm swept across the city around 5-6 pm and brought with it all the usual ingredients - pouring rain, enormous clouds, thunder, lightning, and then the most amazing evening sunlight.
 |
| Shelter from the rain |
 |
| A poor attempt to capture the amazing light after the storm passed |
 |
| Flo and me ready to ride! |
 |
| Me and Elvis, ready to go |
We left her flat, rode down to the Saint Germain part of Paris, parked Elvis in a safe spot and then walked around the streets. We had tea at Ladurée, then went back to Elvis and took the very scenic and gorgeous route back to her flat, passing the Eiffel Tower and along the banks of the Seine. I sat very very still and hung on as tight as I could, trying to enjoy the moment and trust the scooter skills of my dear friend!
[gap in time for 3 days]
The next couple of days I was at my course in La Defense part of Paris, and I commuted by Tram which was so easy and cheap. I took the Eurostar back to London this morning and spent a few hours at work before getting a lift home.
No comments:
Post a Comment