Wednesday, January 28, 2015

London interlude

Last night I met my long lost friend Dave in London where he was staying overnight for a conference. He upgraded his room so that he had more of a suite with a sofa and lounge section, and I brought my sleeping bag liner and stayed the night! We met in the middle of Westminster Bridge and had a lovely dinner at a nearby restaurant, then stayed up late talking. The next morning, we walked together back across the bridge and parted ways so that he could go to his conference and I caught the train back to Gatwick to go to work. It was such a beautiful, glossy, misty fresh morning (ok, some would call it drizzly grey...) and I felt so grateful to have been able to start the day with this iconic view of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament with my long lost friend.

No comments: