Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Headtorch outing with the Beavers

Tonight I took Tryfan and his little Beaver buddies to the field next to Sheffield Park National Trust site so that they could go on a headtorch (aka headlamp) expedition. It was still pretty light when we set out, but on the way back it was spectacular due to the full moon rising over the rolling landscape.
We also saw a murmuration of starlings, which I was very excited about. I had only ever seen videos of this phenomena but never in real life! I don't have any of my own footage because I was too engrossed in the moment, but here is a website that looks like it has good photos and video of murmuration: http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/discoverandlearn/birdguide/name/s/starling/roosting.aspx

This gorgeous evening followed a really good day as well, since at Forest School today we built dragon lairs which turned out to be far more creative and interesting than even I had anticipated. Good times.

No comments: