On Friday evening after work, my friends Lou and Leigh joined me on a long weekend (ok, more like a week!) adventure in Iceland. We hatched the plan back in May when I remembered about the wonderful woman we met in Feb 2013 called Lene. I had been so fascinated by her skills as a tanner, so I asked her if she would be open to hosting a tanning workshop for novices. Its hard to put into words the enormity and other-worldliness of this time in Iceland, but let's just say it was very special.
 |
| Lou, Leigh and me |
 |
| View of Hjalteyri from our house |
 |
| Hot tub on the edge of the fjord at Hjalteyri |
 |
| View towards Akureyri from our living room |
 |
| I loved working with the fish skins |
We worked with fish, sheep, and reindeer. The process was absolutely fascinating to me and I savored the time spent standing around a table working with our hands and having interesting conversations on all sorts of topics. Like I said, it was very special.
 |
| Lou, Leigh, Lisl and Lene |
No comments:
Post a Comment