Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Ivan the Mole

We've had a mole problem in our back garden for the past few months, and so we have had to call in a professional to set traps for these guys who've been digging up our lawn. These traps were lain before I went to Iceland, and I'd been thinking about moles as I was learning new skills last month.

Fortunately today I met "the Mole Guy" just after he had retrieved the most beautiful mole from one of the traps. He handed the mole over to me and I named him Ivan.

He has the most amazing hands (palms facing outward, mid-dig, in the attached photo!) and when I applied my new skills I found that he had incredible back and arm muscles. I'll spare you the photos I took, but they were wonderful. Its too bad that moles live underground and the rest of us above ground never get to really know them until their digging days are over.

No comments: