Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day 2016

Happy Leap Day!
I've really enjoyed this day and we have tried to make the most of it. On Radio 4 they have been talking about people who made some kind of "leap" in their lives on the last Leap Day in 2012, and I have been really enjoying hearing these inspirational stories. There was one about a man who had been suffering for years of depression and panic attacks (just like Bob in "What about Bob?"), and on the last Leap Day he made the brave move to take a bus ride. Its amazing the things that seem small to one person are such a big deal to another.
Anyway, this Leap Day we all wrote letters to our future selves which we then sealed up and put into safe keeping until Feb 29th, 2020. I found it very difficult and strange to write to my future self, and i kept messing up the tenses between 1st and 2nd person. But it is so interesting to imagine what life will be like 4 years from now.

No comments: