...from the Gans side of the family this weekend: Egan!
Rhiannon and I picked him up at Haywards Heath station on Saturday morning and we all went grocery shopping together, then home for lunch. Rhodri and Tryfan were at a football/ soccer match in Tonbridge today so we didn't see them til the end of the day.
We did have a bit of a sad story today. I had seen this yummy looking cheesecake in a magazine and thought I could attempt it in celebration of Egan's visit (and also his birthday just a few days ago).
So we bought rhubarb and pomegranates and the rest of the ingredients and I spent a good part of the afternoon following the recipe. I even called Grandma Bucky for some advice in deciphering the wording of the recipe! And just when I had everything done, looking perfect and gorgeous, I started carrying it to the other fridge and tragedy struck: the latch on the tin caught on my pocket and the whole thing went SPLAT on the floor. Fortunately, I had swept the floor fairly recently so all the big chunks of debris were gone but it was a Very Sad Situation indeed. In the end we scooped everything back into the tin and ate it for dessert anyway. And it was pretty good but it would have tasted better if it hadn't gone splat. Oh well!
Rhiannon and I picked him up at Haywards Heath station on Saturday morning and we all went grocery shopping together, then home for lunch. Rhodri and Tryfan were at a football/ soccer match in Tonbridge today so we didn't see them til the end of the day.
We did have a bit of a sad story today. I had seen this yummy looking cheesecake in a magazine and thought I could attempt it in celebration of Egan's visit (and also his birthday just a few days ago).
No comments:
Post a Comment