Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Chucks unite!

Today after work (it just so happened that I had to work at the London Victoria office today), I met up with my long lost friend from UCSB Rowing days. Her real name is Tara, but I know her as Chuck. She calls me Chuck also, and that goes back to when Thien (our coach) used to call us the Chuckleheads. It was so great to see her and also to finally meet her family: Doug and Chloe!


We tried to talk them into staying with us, but they only had a few days and wanted to be in the heart of the action rather than in deepest Sussex, so Tryfs and Rhiannon made a little video to say hi to them instead.

Anyway, it was a short evening over a Thai meal in Trafalgar Square, but much better than nothing. It's amazing how rejuvenating a short visit with an old friend can be. I'm so grateful.

No comments: