Friday, September 30, 2016

Something different

I invited some colleagues from work over to my house to celebrate the end of Q3. This was something new for me because I've historically kept my distance from people at work. But I'm trying to be a bit more social so I went out of my comfort zone and invited 6 people over, including my current manager Adnane and my former manager Lyndsey. Paul, Chris, Vicki and Bala also came over.
 It was for the most part, a gorgeous starry night. But we had a few episodes of massive clouds coming through and dumping heavy showers of rain on us! In these moments we fled into the lavvu (tipi), which I had set up for this purpose. We had a good campfire going and we roasted marshmallows and just chatted.
It was a fun night that was made extra fun because Tryfan and Rhiannon were there. I had planned to lock them away (or rather, bribe them to stay in their rooms), but actually my friends seemed to enjoy talking and joking with them so we all just stayed together. They resisted a little bit when i asked them to put themselves to bed at 9:45pm, but they did it all the same and I was so proud of them!

No comments: