My friend and colleague Bala is moving back to India and I'm a little sad. I went into the London office today so that we could get together one last time before he leaves this weekend. I'm sure our paths will cross again, but he and I had some good times together in the Training & Development team of SLB.
In fact, I had really been dreading today because there were 3 different meetings that I had going on in London, all unrelated to each other, and then I would end the day with a farewell drink with Bala. But also, Rhodri is still away so we had to call in reinforcements and have both Cat and Emma step in to help with picking up kids from school, feeding them and babysitting until one of us got home around 10 pm.
I was really glad when today was over - it felt like a marathon!
In fact, I had really been dreading today because there were 3 different meetings that I had going on in London, all unrelated to each other, and then I would end the day with a farewell drink with Bala. But also, Rhodri is still away so we had to call in reinforcements and have both Cat and Emma step in to help with picking up kids from school, feeding them and babysitting until one of us got home around 10 pm.
I was really glad when today was over - it felt like a marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment