 |
| Planning the afternoon route during a lunch break |
Emma convinced me to take the kids with her to Chessington Amusement park today. Its about an hour away, and we have never been there (nor have I wanted to go there!), but the kids were soooo excited. We all piled into Emma's land rover and headed out. Tryfan had put a lot of effort into planning the route round the park, including researching what the best rides are, expected queuing times, places to eat, etc. Waaay too much effort. But anyway, we got there just after it opened and there was a huge queue of cars ahead of us going into the car park. We thought that because it was Easter Sunday, there wouldn't be very many people there (everyone should be at church and with their families), but how wrong we were!
I tried to win this yellow monster thing because I thought the face on it was so funny. Didn't win though, and its probably just as well since I would have gotten in trouble for bringing something as pointless and trashy as it was into the house!
We saw a different demographic of British culture today... lots of trashy outfits (skimpy tops, short shorts, birds nest hairdos) and people smoking while pushing baby strollers. Emma and I had some fun people watching! But it was a Very Long Day, and we were glad when it was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment