Monday, May 13, 2019

Royal invitation

Rhodri was invited to be a VIP guest at Buckingham Palace today! Here is the story in his own words...



 I was fortunate enough to be invited to Buckingham Palace by the Duke Of Edinburgh Charity. I have been working with the charity for a few years, getting them out on the Arctic Expedition training course I help with. I worked with one of the main donors to the charity to set up the relationship, and get some of their young people out to Norway. Long story short, they invited the Guiding team to Buckingham, palace for the DofE awards days.

There were loads of celebs there (some of whom I knew, others I had no clue who they are???). We had tea in a VIP reception with said Celebs, then it was out on the to the lawn to have a chat with Prince Edward. Nice chap, and I spoke to him about the conditions we faced in Norway, and the difference between expedition skis and cross country skis. Could have kept him there for hours, but alas, he had loads of other to speak to. Then had a stroll around the Palace gardens before exiting through the main front gate, through the curious crowds.
All in all, a great an memorable experience.

No comments: