Saturday, September 21, 2019

D of E

Rhiannon is going to work towards the Duke of Edinburgh (" D of E") Bronze award, and today was the first expedition.  I am still learning about what exactly this is and will involve, but this is a good starting point: https://www.dofe.org/do/
Rhodri has been involved with this organization, and when he was invited to Buckingham Palace earlier this year it was to recognize the work he has done with D of E Gold award students. So its great that Rhiannon wants to do it! Sounds like a lot of work, though, so let's hope she stays with it.

Today was a stunning day that I ended up having completely to myself after dropping Rhiannon, so I filled it up with fun things. I started by going to the beach and putting my feet in the water, then walking really fast with big swinging arm movements along the beach. It just felt good to move fast and big, even though I got a few strange looks!

Then I went to Uckfield to poke into some charity shops, buy some groceries, and then call by my friend Leigh's house to pick berries. By the time all that was done, it was time to collect Rhiannon back in Glynde again and take her home to meet up with Rhodri and Tryfan!

No comments: