Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving thoughts

Today we were supposed to be welcoming Michel for the weekend, and we had all been so excited about seeing him since it has been a long time! But since I have now also contracted Covid, we have had to postpone those plans and just sit tight with no visitors or fun. Boohoo. And on top of that, I have lost my sense of taste and smell as of this morning! Hopefully it won't be gone for too long.

Yesterday was also Thanksgiving in the USA, and while we didn't do too much to celebrate this year, I did bake a pumpkin pie with gluten free crust. In case I haven't mentioned it here, we are cooking gluten free for Rhodri's health regime but that often involves the rest of us too. I think it is fun having this additional cooking challenge, although it has taken some time to get used to reading labels and keeping an eye out for gluten in ingredients listings!

Anyway, we were able to speak on the phone with some of our relatives, and that is always nice. But these days we all seem to be having plans canceled or messed up, and that is difficult. We still have plenty to be thankful for.

No comments: