For my 50th birthday this weekend, I really wanted to get out of town and stay at a beach house with some girlfriends, and that is exactly what I did! It was a ridiculously fun weekend. I travelled straight from Paris through London and then on to Taunton where Leigh met me and we drove another 2 hours to get to Woolacombe Beach, Devon. In the morning, the full glory of the kitchen window view of the beach was revealed. Here are Nia and Sions...
After having some coffee and first breakfast, 6 of us went for a swim.Here is the full view of the hot tub, deck and beach. It is such a gorgeous property!
We had a big fry up traditional English breakfast for sort of a midday brunch and then went for a coastal walk for about 5 km. It was very windy and a little rainy but not too bad.
Then we all had a bit of a late afternoon rest before starting cocktails around 5:30 and then getting dressed for dinner. Anne Marie had made these funny Lisl-masks that everyone was wearing when I came downstairs!
Next was dinner, and I had hired a personal chef to come and do the meal for the 8 of us. 'Dan' was brilliant and produced a wonderful 3 course meal.
Then the dishes were cleared away and the music started, lights turned down and we had an awesome dance party until midnight or so! An absolutely perfect day.
Sions did an awesome job DJing, and we all just had a brilliant night grooving in this dream beach house! The gang was: Nia, Sioned, Emma M, Emma B, Anne Marie, Leigh, Cat and me. Super fun!





No comments:
Post a Comment