Friday, December 01, 2023

Christmas season kicks off

December at last!  Today was actually the SLB Christmas party, although no partners/ others were invited this year.  I took the organized bus "coach" from Three Bridges station all the way into London (about 2.5 hours drive), and my plan was to sit with someone that I hadn't met yet so that I could make a new friend on the journey.  I met a winner!  When Marcus sat down next to me, he said, "I think I know you - are you Rhodri's wife?" !! It turns out that Marcus and Rhodri had worked together on the Western Legend seismic ship back in 1996 and for a few years after that.  They were big friends and had lost touch over the years but now he works at the same office that I do and we just hadn't met yet.  So we arranged to get together with Rhodri and also his wife and son sometime after the New Year.  But it was great to meet him and it made the bus journey go by really fast.

Once we got to the venue, I was sat next to my friend Arathi, and we had a great time.

After the event finished, I took the coach back home and sat next to Marcus again. I got home really late and was quite glad when the evening was over, but it was a good evening.

No comments: