Sunday, December 01, 2024

Sally next door

Sally has lived next door to us the whole of the 14.8 years we have lived in the house.  We've been through a lot together so far, Sally and us! Rhodri and I especially appreciate her directness.  If she has a bone to pick, she marches over and knocks on the front door.  Same if something is wrong. We can totally rely on her to let us know when something is going on, for better or worse.  

I dropped over today to ask her something and she happened to be holding these two plants when she opened the door, so I took this photo of her.  Its nice to see a bit of color in this bleak, muted palette time of year.  Good ol' Sally.  She is a legend.  She is 85? 87? and she is up there on the ladder cleaning the gutters of the house, taking the bin out, pulling weeds, out and about every day even when she isn't feeling great.  We like living next to her.

No comments: