Monday, December 01, 2025

Last day with big blue

Today was a big day, because finally I could reveal to my co-workers that it was my last day of employment with the company. I was pretty emotional, and with many different emotions: happiness, relief, excitement, giddiness, numbness, and also sadness. I was sad because I wasn't allowed to (for some reason which nobody could really explain in adequate detail or terms) plan my departure or let anyone know before my final day had arrived.  That was painful to live through, but at the same time I can also admit now (about 4 months later as I write in early April 2026 and prepare to backdate this post) that I had been really struggling to maintain a positive attitude (which is very unlike me) and it did feel like things were coming to a head.  So what I mostly felt was immense relief, as though a massive heavy burden had been taken off my shoulders.  

Anyway, here is a photo of me with my two coworkers, A and J.

And now what? I will give myself the month of December off to enjoy the run up to Christmas, and then in January 2026 I will start working on figuring out what my next incarnation will be!

No comments: