Thursday, January 01, 2026

New Years Eve


December 31st 2025

So a new version of the blog - we are all writing our own posts! SO I shall start at the very beginning of 2026. New Year's Eve (a day that changed the entirety of the rest of my year).


Well, the day started out wonderfully; I got to take Annie for a walk (one of the things I miss most about being away), and then I got to see Aggie! (A consistent blog character for a long time, but usually we never get pictures together, so I made it a point to get one this year). 

New Year's Eve was a big night. I met up with soph and two of her University friends, who happen to also live in Sussex, and we went out in Brighton! The Tempest was our grounds for the night (a seafront club built into the cliff). 


January 1st 2026


However, it was after leaving the club that a silly little accident occurred. BIG TIP: do not wear stiletto heels on cobblestone streets when coming back from a night out because let me tell you it does not end well. Long story short, I had a little fall and fell hard on the side of my foot. It did in fact, fracture in that moment (I did not find that out until a month later); however, I had a flight back to Santa Barbara, well... a couple hours after we got back from the club, so I had to troop on! "One foot in front of the other" as my dad likes to say in hard times. Longest journey of my life. 

 This was the photo I sent to the family group chat after having finally made it to LAX, just missed the bus to Santa Barbara by 15 minutes because my bags took an hour to come out and I was walking slower than a snail (a toddler with their grandparents passed me), feeling utterly defeated and in an overwhelming amount of pain, waiting 2 hours for the next one. Not fun. But finally made it to 601 at 2AM.

No comments: