Anyway, I was writing about the haircut because I found the Hairdresser's bluntness so refreshing. None of this "What would you like to do with your hair today?" that I used to experience in the US. No. This lady said "You have very strange hair - curly in the back and straight on top. I don't like this [grabs a chunk of hair that had grown quite long]. It makes your face do this [pulls her own cheeks down and makes a sour expression]. You need to not have this [grabs chunk of hair again]. I want to cut it all the way around this much [shows me several inches in midair]. Then I will see what your hair does. I think it has its own mind so I want to see the big cut reaction first."And so she chopped my hair. It looked okay when I was leaving (hair still wet) but now its a different story. Oh well.
4 comments:
Oh please, oh please show us a picture of your haircut. I personally would love for someone to tell me what to do with mine :) I'm stuck in a ponytail rut!
We agree and would love to see your new hair do.
Carl, Rakul and Benjamin
Lisl,
If you're at all embarrassed by your new do, check out my pixie cut on Sofia's blog (during the beach house weekend). You may be distracted slightly by the pacifier in my mouth, but if you can see my hair cut, it looks like I fell on a pair of scissors.
Wear the new do with no shame. Be proud of your Norwegian hair cut.
Ashlee
If all else fails... shave it and start over.
Post a Comment