Today I have 2 new things to be grateful for: (1) We had our first snowfall last night! and (2) I am the proud owner of a Norwegian Drivers License now, after having to surrender my California Drivers License and then take a practical driving test today (in slushy and icy conditions)! Here is our backyard after the snow started to melt late this morning.
Otherwise, things are fine here. Poor little Tryfan has had a real case of 'baby acne'. I don't remember Rhiannon having it, but I know it's common. Poor little guy is just covered in zits, although maybe you can't tell in the photo below.
And now, a little poem titled "Thanksgiving" -- actually these are the lyrics to a song of that name by the band Poi Dog Pondering. These lyrics have meant different things to me in different stages of my life but it seems appropriate to share these now. Enjoy...Somehow I find myself far out of line from the ones I had drawn.
Wasn't the best of paths, you could attest to that...but I'm keeping on.
Would our paths cross if every great loss had turned out our gain?
Would our paths cross if the pain it had cost us was paid in vain?
There was no pot of gold, hardly a rainbow lighting my way.
But I will be true to the red, black and blues that colored those days.
I owe my soul to each fork in the road, each misleading sign,
'Cause even in solitude, no bitter attitude can dissolve my sweetest find.
Thanksgiving for every wrong move....that made it right.
No comments:
Post a Comment