Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dentist visit

I can't believe I am saying this, but I had the greatest dentist visit this week! My appointment was at 1:00pm so I arrived at 12:55pm, got into the dentist chair at exactly 1:00pm and was back outside in the fresh air by 1:20pm after having two x-rays done as well as a thorough cleaning. Our dentist has a computer monitor right over the chair and surround sound speakers, so during my 20 minutes, I watched part of a Phil Collins concert from 1986 (his choice) while my teeth got pressure washed. He took two x-rays and displayed the results on the screen so we could look together as he adjusted the contrast ratio to highlight different features. And when he got out the tool to clean between the gums and teeth, he turned down the [rather loud] Phil Collins music to tell me that "the next few minutes will cause pain to you" -- no sugar coatings here! I love the Norwegian bluntness sometimes.

No comments: