Sunday, January 13, 2008

Slightly new routine

This week we have been back into a routine and it is so nice. We have had intermittent snow and rain, so walking conditions have been less-than-ideal because the ground is either really slippy or else really slushy. But we cope. Our routine has been to take Rhodri and Rhiannon to work/ barnehage respectively, then take Bentley for a walk with my friend Elin and her baby Johanne. And then, a new twist: some days I go to the gym after the walk. I have never been a gym person, always preferring to exercise outside by running or biking. BUT, given the present constraints (baby, winter conditions), it makes more sense to go to the gym.

And so I join all the other economically-inactive people (mostly women and senior citizens) who go to the gym during weekday late morning time! Our gym (the main one in Asker) provides free child care from 6 weeks of age, so its very easy to just walk over there with Tryfan [hopefully asleep] in the stroller, park the stroller in the child care room, and go work out. Then afterwards, I sit in the lobby in a comfy arm chair and nurse him while drinking free warm beverages and socializing with the other women nursing their babies and drinking free warm beverages. By the time we get home it is midday or later and so we eat lunch and then do laundry, start thinking about what to cook for dinner, etc.

Bentley likes it too since he gets to scamper in the snow everyday. I haven't posted a picture of our first baby in quite awhile so here he is!

No comments: