Saturday, February 02, 2008

The rest of us

Today was the first rugby match of the "Six Nations Rugby Cup" and Wales were playing England. This meant that Rhodri planned on going into downtown Oslo to watch the match inside a pub, and the rest of us needed to fend for ourselves. He left at 1:45pm and wasn't expected home before 9pm. At first I felt sorry for myself, but it was a gorgeous afternoon so I pulled myself out of the slump and mobilized the troops. We went outside and stomped around the fresh snow for the last hour of daylight. Here is Tryfan looking up at me from the Ergo baby carrier.We threw snowballs for Bentley to jump up and catch even though Rhiannon refused to wear her mittens.
Then when we came back inside, Rhiannon and I played with silk scarves and danced to the Hokey Pokey and other favorites.
We also listened to the album "Free to be...you and me", which is a compilation of songs, stories and poems by 1970's era musicians and celebrities. I listened to that record so much when I was growing up that I still remember exactly where the record skipped or got stuck when we listened to the CD yesterday. Some of the hits include Parents are people, Brothers and sisters, When we grow up and so many other great pieces. As I was holding Rhiannon and dancing around singing and waving scarves, tears came to my eyes because I am so grateful to be a Mama (and not just because I get to dance, sing and wave scarves)

PS. Wales ended up beating England, 25-19!

No comments: