Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Into the city

Today I kept Rhiannon home from barnehage and we had such a fantastic day! First we played out on the trampoline for a bit this morning while Tryfan had his morning nap, and then we all went into Oslo for a day of enjoyment. The weather cooperated with us, which always helps :-) Here we are as we were heading back to the car at the end of our day. We didn't attempt to see much of the city. Sometimes just walking a few blocks into unfamiliar terrain and having a picnic with fresh baked goods on soft green grass is enough to bring complete enjoyment. We ended the day with ice cream cones down on the Aker Brygge waterfront. Right before I took this photo of Rhiannon, she had just said to me - completely out of the blue - "Mama I am so happy right now". Just like that. In perfect English and with a sweet ice cream coated smile.
Another sweet thing she said today was just before we left the house to go into the city. I had put her and Tryfan into the car and Flo was sitting with them while I ran back to the house to gather stuff. When I finally got into the car and started driving, Rhiannon said "I am happy to see you, Mama". How cute is that?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisl,
What a great reward for the magnificent job you and Rhodri are doing in parenting your kids! "Mama I am so happy right now." This is a child who is well loved, secure, and at peace. I rejoice with you in this moment, and thank you for sharing it.
Love,
Dad

the Lewis Family said...

I'm sure the ice cream didn't hurt the situation either! ha ha ha