Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tryfan's real first day
Today Tryfan had his first real day at barnehage and it went great! We got there around 9:45am and I said goodbye to him at 10am and he didn't cry at all. He happily played in the sand with Anna (who is pictured below in blue, Tryfan is the one wearing the red suit), went inside for lunch at 11am, and then went to sleep in his stroller until 11:45am. Not such a long nap, but it was good for the first time in a foreign stroller with different people.
So by the time I got back up to the barnehage around 12 o'clock, he was drowsily sitting in Anna's lap and playing with a toy car but not crying. She said that he only cried when he saw another teacher slicing bread in the bread-slicing machine! I suppose if you were small and had never seen one of those in action, you would get frightened too because it makes a lot of noise and crumbs fly everywhere! Anyway, we went home and he slept some more later on in the afternoon, then we went back to barnehage to get Rhiannon. When we walked into the yard this afternoon, Tryfan let out a little happy yelp and smiled at Anna. Yay! I think we are onto a winner now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment