We had a relatively pleasant flight to Oslo, with both kids not sleeping a wink but not fussing or whining too much either. Here are the troops sharing the viewing space out the window.Monday, July 27, 2009
Home, to a rainy day
We finally made it home around 12:30am this morning. Phew! It is so great to be home, and what makes it even better is the fact that it rained a lot today AND I just purchased some new wellies (aka rainboots)! I was pretty sure that purchasing wellies would mean no more rain, since the opposite is true on many occasions (that is, when you leave the house without an umbrella, it is sure to rain). But happily for me, it was not the case and I could wear my new beauties through several fresh puddles today when I took Bentley on a walk.
Anyway, back to the travel story of yesterday...first we got up, had breakfast and packed our stuff at the Premier Inn. Then our friend Patrick picked us all up in his mini-van and drove us about an hour back to his house south of London (I stayed with them when I was out here in June also). We spent a lovely day with him, his wife Sarah and their 3 kids Charlie (8), Hattie (6) and Joseph (3). We went swimming in their pool, played in their huge backyard, chatted and had a great lunch before taking a bus back to Heathrow airport to catch our 7:30pm flight. In the middle of all this, Sarah and I managed to sneak away to a little shop nearby and that is where I purchased my wellies! Here is the little miss on a floaty poolie thing.
We had a relatively pleasant flight to Oslo, with both kids not sleeping a wink but not fussing or whining too much either. Here are the troops sharing the viewing space out the window.
Tryfan letting his kitty cat look out the window also.
We landed at 10:30pm, collected our baggage and took the Very Crowded Flytoget train at 11:16pm which terminated in downtown Oslo (due to track maintenance). From there we made our way to yet another bus and went the rest of the way to Asker, arriving around 12:20am. Thanks to our friend Ravi, our car was waiting for us just next to the bus station so we had no problem getting home with all our luggage and 2 very sleepy kids. We hoped the post-midnight bedtime would mean extra sleep in the morning, but no. At least on rainy days like today it is easier to cope with unpacking and doing laundry, taking turns resting and recovering. We will be back in action tomorrow now after an early bedtime tonight.
We had a relatively pleasant flight to Oslo, with both kids not sleeping a wink but not fussing or whining too much either. Here are the troops sharing the viewing space out the window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the new wellies, I've always wanted to own a pair, but it never rains enough here to justify the purchase!
The fam is beautiful as always, and your stories always are amazing - the strength and grace that you demonstrate as a parent is truly admirable! :-)
Oh Nicky, you are so sweet. thank you :-)
Post a Comment