But with these temperatures, his paws do get frozen after not too long outside and he has to lay down in the snow and lick them (which probably doesn't help one single bit). Hopefully it will warm up just a few degrees so we can all play outside for longer.Saturday, January 09, 2010
Snow dog
Bentley loooooves the snow, boy! I've taken him a few times this week just down the street to Ulvenvannet lake where we swam a lot this past summer. It is just so great to explore the lake by foot and let Bentley run wild. He is just a big tumble of flying snow most of the time.
But with these temperatures, his paws do get frozen after not too long outside and he has to lay down in the snow and lick them (which probably doesn't help one single bit). Hopefully it will warm up just a few degrees so we can all play outside for longer.
This week I managed to wear the same exact thing for 7 days in a row (except for undergarments, of course). I call it my new uniform: a big black down jacket, green Finnish hunting trousers, and my trusty Scarpa hiking boots. Choice! I don't know which article I love the most. My hunting trousers are lined on the inside (so I dont need long johns) and soft water-resistent material on the outside with velcro cuffs so I can wrap them around the top of my boots and walk right through knee-deep snow without getting wet or cold, even when it is literally -20 C outside in the sunshine. And I can wear just a t-shirt beneath my jacket and be perfectly toasty. So maybe I don't look very trendy, but I'm not a big one for fashion anyway so at least its nothing new. Here is me with Bentley the wonderdog
But with these temperatures, his paws do get frozen after not too long outside and he has to lay down in the snow and lick them (which probably doesn't help one single bit). Hopefully it will warm up just a few degrees so we can all play outside for longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment