Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Downtown Oslo for the day

Today Will and I took the train into Oslo and just wandered around all day. So great!
We walked up to the Palace and took note of the herds of school kids that were heckling the guards
We didn't join in though - much too grown up for that nowadays!
We walked down Karl Johans Gate to the Parliament building, then headed over to Aker Brygge and the Akershus Fortress before following the harbor around to the new Opera House. Here is Will pretending to sing in front of it:
After resting inside the Opera House with a coffee, we took the T-bane (metro) up to Majorstua and walked around Vigelands Park. I love how this park looks different each and every time I go there.
We walked back to the Palace and visited the National Gallery (which was free!) before catching the train back to Asker. What a great day!

No comments: