I found myself telling the kids about Stehekin and how the trees there (Ponderosa Pine) are similar to some of the trees here (Scots Pine) except that they smell like vanilla. And the berries here are similar to the berries there... I'm really excited for all of us to get uplake this summer. Yay!
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Rainy Saturday morning
Today we went for a mid-morning amble in the forest with Bentley. It was raining medium-hard but wasn't too cold at all. My strategy has been to repeatedly say with conviction how much I love being outside in the rain, and eventually the kids will start saying this too (if they didn't feel this way originally).
We didn't really go anywhere in particular, just explored. We did spend some time looking for a stream that had flowing water in it, but didn't really find one that was any better than the first one we came upon. So then Rhiannon started digging for mini-beasts and Tryfan continued to climb, swing and jump around. Bentley, in the meantime, did plenty of sniffing and chasing whatever hints of wildlife he found. See if you can spot him in the photo above...
I found myself telling the kids about Stehekin and how the trees there (Ponderosa Pine) are similar to some of the trees here (Scots Pine) except that they smell like vanilla. And the berries here are similar to the berries there... I'm really excited for all of us to get uplake this summer. Yay!
I found myself telling the kids about Stehekin and how the trees there (Ponderosa Pine) are similar to some of the trees here (Scots Pine) except that they smell like vanilla. And the berries here are similar to the berries there... I'm really excited for all of us to get uplake this summer. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment