Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Packed lunches

For the past week or so, Rhiannon has been asking for packed lunches rather than hot meals at school. Usually the mornings are quite chaotic in our house, so Rhodri and I almost always refuse to make packed lunches for her.

Well, the Little Miss has taken matters into her own hands!
I came downstairs yesterday and found she had relocated the stepstool so she could reach into the upper shelves of the refridgerator, thereby accessing the goods to put in her lunch! She proudly showed a full lunchbox which had a sandwich that was already cut in half with butter and cucumber inside, fruit, string cheese and a little treat.

So she has been continuing to do this and finally I eeked out of her that a special someone also has packed lunches and so he ("OB") has been sitting at the same table when Rhiannon has a packed lunch. I guess the hot lunch diners have to collect their food first and so aren't able to sit down until a few minutes after the packed lunch diner have sat down. So that's the excitement in our house - oh, AND Rhiannon has another wobbly tooth.

No comments: