Today I took the 4 kids (ours + Sophie & Oscar) to the Weald Woodfair
http://www.bentley.org.uk/#/woodfair/4525168793which was about 25 minutes drive away from us at the Bentley Motor Museum. It was an unsettled day with intense heavy rain showers followed by partial brightening of the skies - perfect to get all suited up in our rain gear and head to this event! The troops all took turns learning archery skills...

Rhiannon was really good at it - the pirate-looking guy who had about 25 earrings in his right ear was well impressed with her skill.

We walked around for a couple of hours and then I finally caved in and said that we could all get ice creams and ride the miniature railway.

Then they played on the adventure playground and were all trying to out do each other in their sliding stunts and what-have-you. That's when Rhiannon's stunt went horribly wrong somehow and she got a big fat lip. I didn't actually see this happen but I was near enough to hear the cries and go help. It wasn't too bad of an injury - just a lot of blood at the time. Good excuse for all of us to do a trip to the bathroom and wash our hands and faces!

It was about this time that S&O's Mom called to ask when she could have her kids back and so we made our way to the exit. I tried to take a photo of all 4 together looking extremely scruffy and worn out, but Oscar ran away so I only managed to get 3 of them in the photo above! I like how Tryfan is pulling up his leggings, Rhiannon is holding a cloth to her mouth to stop the blood, and Sophie is looking laid back and cool. Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment