This was a busy week, after having been camping last weekend and then scooting off to Milan for work for a few days. I flew back Wed night and then had a semi-normal Thursday -- Forest School with Rhiannon's class and working hard to catch up on my real job. Then on Friday I spent the whole morning and some of the afternoon at the Home Office in Croyden (suburb of London) applying for permanent residency. When we moved here 2 years ago, I had a temporary "Spouse Settlement" visa which is only good for 27 months at which point one needs a different visa.
I had taken and passed the "Life in the UK" test on May 16th which is mandatory for the application process. This is the test that everyone seeking citizenship or permanent residency has to pass and covers all sorts of knowledge questions about topics such as British history, ethnic statistics, governmental structure, differences between the 4 different nations that make up Great Britain, and so forth. So yesterday I mostly just waited in the crowded and chaotic Home Office waiting room with my agent Mr Billy Speed. He was a real character and had many interesting stories to tell while we waited for our number to be called. Anyway, in the end I left before the decision had been made because I needed to get back to work and there was nothing more I could do but wait for the decision but found out before the day was over that my application for permanent residency in the UK was accepted. I haven't received my residency card yet but I will soon.
I had taken and passed the "Life in the UK" test on May 16th which is mandatory for the application process. This is the test that everyone seeking citizenship or permanent residency has to pass and covers all sorts of knowledge questions about topics such as British history, ethnic statistics, governmental structure, differences between the 4 different nations that make up Great Britain, and so forth. So yesterday I mostly just waited in the crowded and chaotic Home Office waiting room with my agent Mr Billy Speed. He was a real character and had many interesting stories to tell while we waited for our number to be called. Anyway, in the end I left before the decision had been made because I needed to get back to work and there was nothing more I could do but wait for the decision but found out before the day was over that my application for permanent residency in the UK was accepted. I haven't received my residency card yet but I will soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment