My friend Karen sent me this photo that she took at a community school meeting that she hadn't planned on going to. I'm so glad that she did decide to go, because it turns out that my wonderful Mom was recognized for her valuable contributions to the children of Goleta by being an inspirational and amazing teacher. Karen said that she got "extra special hoots and a standing ovation" when she went up to the front of the room.
Karen and I have something a bit special in common which is that our Daddies passed away on the same day last August 2nd. So I'm grateful that Karen was there that night and could run up and give my Mom a big hug at a time when other retirees had their husbands beside them. I wish I could have been there, but I'm glad that I got to experience it vicariously through Karen. I'm so proud of you Mom.
Karen and I have something a bit special in common which is that our Daddies passed away on the same day last August 2nd. So I'm grateful that Karen was there that night and could run up and give my Mom a big hug at a time when other retirees had their husbands beside them. I wish I could have been there, but I'm glad that I got to experience it vicariously through Karen. I'm so proud of you Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment