We met Cat and Bruno at The Swan in Forest Row at 4:15 pm ahead of the Christmas "Crib" service at 5 pm.
It was really nice to sit in a church and sing Christmas carols. I always remember my Dad singing carols at the top of his voice in almost complete monotone - sounded so awful - but he just loved singing Christmas carols in church on Christmas Eve. Whenever I think of this, it makes me smile and tear up..
Anyway, after the service we went over to Cat's parent's house for drinks and some fish pie. It was really special to spend this eve with these good friends in a cozy Christmasy home.
 |
| Having drinks and playing with Skylanders at The Swan in Forest Row |
Tonight the kids got the Welcome Table ready for Santa's arrival and then fell asleep straightaway so Rhods and I could finish preparations. So exciting!
 |
| Santa's Welcome Table: milk and mincepie for the Big Fella, sweets for the Elves, and 1 carrot for each of the 9 reindeer plus some peanuts on the side |
No comments:
Post a Comment