Saturday, June 21, 2014

Revisiting the ol' hood

This past week I was in Asker, Norway for work and I made the most of this time to see as many of my close friends as possible. I arrived on Monday night and stayed with Michel in Oslo, then Tuesday went into Asker to stay at the Scandic Hotel for a couple nights. I surprised Hanne by showing up at her belly dancing class at Elixia.
Hanne and her class of belly dancers
 Then after having dinner with my manager Lyndsey at the hotel, I reunited with Beate for a few hours in the evening to catch up on our lives. It was fun to see "little" Max who is all grown up now,
Beate and Max
By coincidence, my long lost friend Elin and her family was staying in the same hotel even though they live in Asker. It turns out that they have moved to Houston for a couple of years but were back in Asker visiting their friends. I didn't get to see Sophie who was Rhiannon's bestest friend, but I saw Johanne (Tryfan's friend) and their new little sister Eva. It was really great to reconnect with Elin.
Elin with Johanne and Eva
 On Thursday night I moved out of the hotel and stayed at Monica & Helge's house just across the street from the house we used to live in. Monica had kindly arranged to have Phil and Emily and their brood over for supper so that I could see them too! Phil ended up taking the kids home while Helge put Kristoffer and Joachim to bed so that us three ladies could have a girly night staying up late.
Phil, Monica, William, Emily and Olivia
Friday morning I flew back to Gatwick and did a few hours in the office before heading home. It was a really great week in Asker and I felt so grateful to have been able to be go there.

No comments: