Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The rest of our first full day in California

After the house intruder adventure, we went swimming in a neighbor's pool
Neighbor's awesome pool with jacuzzi and slide
Making Jell-O with Tyler
Grooming the dog whose name I can't remember
In the evening, we 4 drove back down to San Diego (La Jolla) for a lovely dinner party with our former colleagues and friends from the marine electromagnetic world. The party was hosted by Steve and Cathy, and we were thrilled to spend a whole evening with them along with Arnie, Jacques, Kerry, Carolyn, Len, Lissa, Jim and Maren...all our old homies!  We had lovely wine to drink and delicious Mexican style food, and all the details were right. These 2 are professional dinner party hosts! The kids were a bit grouchy (well, Tryfan was anyway) and uber-tired, so eventually fell asleep on the couch while Rhodri and I enjoyed the rest of the evening. It was truly special and wonderful, but eventually the night had to end and we had to say goodbye again. I didn't take any photos because somehow that felt wrong, but it was such a special night. 

No comments: