I've been wanting to make some concrete pendant lampshades ever since I saw this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNPJZ0y7MI
Finally I had a brainwave and thought of the perfect material with which to form the moulds! They are the plastic wrapping on the top of the Ora paper towels that we occasionally buy. My troops were excited to participate in this project, so we all got into our workclothes and sat outside on the steps to play with concrete.
Now we will leave the three pendants to sit and cure for a week before attempting to get them out of the plastic and onto a light fixture!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNPJZ0y7MI
Finally I had a brainwave and thought of the perfect material with which to form the moulds! They are the plastic wrapping on the top of the Ora paper towels that we occasionally buy. My troops were excited to participate in this project, so we all got into our workclothes and sat outside on the steps to play with concrete.
Now we will leave the three pendants to sit and cure for a week before attempting to get them out of the plastic and onto a light fixture!
No comments:
Post a Comment