Friday, October 02, 2015

SB to Sussex

We had a happy reunion last night and then spent the morning leisurely packing up. It was another hot and sunny day here! Really wish we could have had more time, but we are grateful to have had the chance to come here at all. This week has worked out so, so well - far better than I could have dared hope! The kids really loved their time alone with Grandma for a few days while I was up north for Fizz.

Here we are, on the SB Airbus that left at noon to make it to LAX with no stress and plenty of time to get wiggles out before our flight at 7pm.

Familiar landmark at LAX
 We went in plenty of shops and treated ourselves to a nice Mexican feast in one of the little dining areas, then discovered this interactive digital display. The kids played here for about 30 minutes while I just sat back and observed.
We did have a good flight on Norwegian Air although the movies were the same even with today being the 1st of October (2nd Oct by the time we landed). Oh well. We all tried to sleep a bit on the plane, and actually the kids slept for about 4 hrs (Rhi) and 6 hrs (Tryfs) so although I myself didn't sleep much, I was happy that they did. Upon landing, we had a very speedy trip through immigration (no queue) and then walked to our car at my work carpark (so handy at Gatwick), and drove off! By the time we got back to the hood, it was about 2:45pm so we swung by the school to pick up the weekend homework and then went home to see Rhods. THEN we had the whole weekend to recover, and it was soooooooooooo nice.

No comments: