Sunday, July 23, 2017

Parties to see off the year

We had a little BBQ at the Jubilee Green to close out the end of the year. Every Friday afternoon for the past 10 months, Rhodri and Gordon have been running a football club for any kids who are interested. It's been a tumultuous year with a bit of drama, but it is something that the community of kids in the area really value. Most people seemed to have skipped town the moment school finished yesterday, but for those who were still around, we had a little BBQ.
Our Czech friends came along, too, and that was really nice since it had been several weeks since we last saw them. One coincidence is that Ema's class was also performing "Shakespeare Rocks" this week!

Then last night we went to Chris and Roland's farewell party, which was mellow and comfortable, although I definitely was not in a party mood! I don't want our friends to move away! That is no cause for celebration, actually. But we have vowed to go visit them in Germany, either as a family or a girlfriends trip.

Today I am going to the east coast of the US (Boston and then Maine) for a week. I'm excited about this, but I do with my family was coming with me.

No comments: