Sunday, October 18, 2020

The abattoir

So after taking Rhiannon back to finish her hike today, the rest of us worked in the back garden. Rhods helped me get the curtain wire installed onto the posts we had put in (the frame of the old swingset) and then I strung through the clear shower curtains I had purchased. My vision was to have the curtains become the sort of awning/ tarp over the top of the wires, but I still need to work out how to get them to stay. This is a "figure-it-out-as-I-go-along" sort of project. 

I like the way the tall stump looks like the curtain wires are extensions of her hand. 
In fact, I was moderately happy with this set up but couldn't find a robust enough way to get the two curtains to form a roof over the top. Also I need a third wire to come down the middle.
Rhodri commented that the whole set up looked like an abattoir, which made me laugh at the time but then decide to take down the clear shower curtains and think up a new way of getting a roof/ tarp to cover my work area. 
"The Abattoir" name has stuck, however!

No comments: