Sunday, January 24, 2021

A wild day at the shore

I met my sea swimming buddies at the normal place but on a Sunday rather than a Saturday this week. It was really windy! One of the my favorite things about this place is that you really cannot see the actual conditions until you are right down at the top of the rise before the pebbly slope down to the water. Here is Cat reacting to the scene, with the Newhaven-Dieppe ferry in the background.

The waves were huge and scary and there was NO WAY that we were going to go in. This was a sad realization but we accepted it and decided to at least go for a walk down to the Skeleton Pier. So we did that and enjoyed the fierce briny sprinkles darting our faces as we walked down the beach. We went right out to the end of the pier, chatted with the fishermen who were out there, and then started walking back. In the end I decided to go in the water, because I realized that as long as I didn't go too far in and I could keep my feet on the ground, I should be fine. So I did this and it was really fun even though I was alone out there. Cat and E stayed on the beach but ended up being a bit sad they didnt join me. 


No comments: