It's been a slow but full week here in the household. Remote learning for the kids, Rhodri keeping up Nordic Life, me on conf calls most of the day, typing loudly on my keyboard and pacing around the bedroom/ work area. We do try to fit in some little events, like "date night at the grocery store", going for neighborhood walks with a neighbor, Zoom yoga class, etc. But of course we look so forward to the weekend, even though there isn't generally a whole lot going on, but at least its a break from the new grind.
I was able to go for a swim and it was wonderful. I love coming to this beach because you have to walk for about 10 minutes before getting to the actual beach, and there is a slight rise before the pebbles drop away to the water. You can't see any people until you get to the top of the rise. Today was a particularly beautiful morning and there were several groups of 2s-and-3s scattered along the stretch of beach.
I met 2 ladies there that I didn't know very well at all, and it was lovely to paddle around in the nice cold water chatting and learning about their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment